Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Céline (not dion)

IMGP8029
 Céline blouse, T by Alexander Wang sweater 

When I bought this vintage Céline blouse from Joy Bianchi's House of Helper's Couture, Joy taught me how to tie the neck sash with the collar up to create a kind of turtleneck ascot look. She told me her mother always used to say that for dinner parties, it's important to get dressed 'from the waist up.' I suppose this advice holds true for work wear as well, since you spend most of your day trapped behind a desk or at a conference table. I like to think this little peek of snaffle-printed silk lends me an air of blue-blooded authority, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a fun print! I love how you tied it :) And that sweater looks so comfy! :D
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Honey-Glazed-Bunny-Rolls-10195#ixzz2LgmsNhYw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just two or three days ago I saw a young man on the train wearing a proper ascot and I was wondering if they're coming back. You make it look cool, so I approve of the trend if it is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It totally does though. I dig this. A lot. Regular turtlenecks just aren't going to do it.

    ReplyDelete